[Resolved] Sidebar & Footer Widget Title spacing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sidebar & Footer Widget Title spacing

Home Forums Support Sidebar & Footer Widget Title spacing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Drew

Hi there,

Where/how would I be able to change the spacing between the title of the sidebar and footer widgets in relation to the content of the widgets? The title of the widgets is too far above the content for my liking and I’m not seeing a place to change this specifically in the Element Spacing add-on?

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

.footer-widgets .widget-title {margin-bottom: 20px;}

That should do it – adjust the 20px to your liking ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom

Drew

Tome,

Awesome, I ended up having to change it to:

.widget-title {margin-bottom: 5px;}

In order for it to apply to both the sidebar widgets and the footer widgets…Sorry I also meant to ask how I would customize the spacing inbetween the widgets themselves so from the bottom of the conent of one widget to the title of the next widget below it. For some reason in my footer they are too close together but in my sidebar they are fine.

Thanks much!

Drew

*Tom,

Sorry one more question, I’m not seeing how to customize the spacing between the content section and the sidebar either, could you help with this, I can make the content section wider but I’d like to bring closer together the sidebar and content section.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Drew,

If you’re using Separate Layouts and have the spacing addon, you can set the separator to a smaller value to get rid of the spacing.

Or you can try something like this:

.separate-containers .widget {margin-bottom:10px;}

The spacing addon would allow you to easily choose the spacing between the content and widgets – it also sets the spacing for everything else throughout the theme for all sidebar layouts.

The CSS to do that would be quite long as there’s lots of different options (right sidebar, left sidebar etc)

Let me know if you need it ๐Ÿ™‚
    Tom

Drew

Regarding the spacing between the bottom of one widget and the Title/Top of the next below it-that does work…but only for my sidebar widgets. It doesn’t seem to apply to my footer widgets at all for some reason?

I am using the separate containers but the spacing between my blog posts content column (left column, article/blog titles and pictures etc.) and my sidebar widgets to the right of that; I’m not seeing anything in the spacing addon that allows me to change the width of the whitespace between them. Right now they are too far apart and I would like to get my right sidebar moved to the left so that it is closer to my blog content column.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm it definitely should.

Can you send me your URL so I can take a look?

Have you tried playing with the “Separator” option inside the spacing section of the Customizer?

Let me know,
    Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any updates for me?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Resolving this for now. Reply in here to re-open.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.