[Resolved] sidebar flickers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] sidebar flickers

Home Forums Support sidebar flickers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Halil

I noticed that with chrome, sidebar frequently flickers. Not always but flickers.

I didnt see the same issue with Firefox or Edge? Do u have any idea why it happens with Chrome?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure what you meant by flickers but I’m not seeing any issues with Chrome at all.

Can you provide a quick video on what you are seeing?

Halil

when I click sidebar links or hit the refresh or home button, the widgets, elements etc sometimes flicker. Looks likes widget items are being repositioned or re-loaded. Hard to detect. May be there is something wrong with my chrome settings.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just refreshed a few times and clicked on the menu items but didn’t see any movement at all 🙂

Wouldn’t worry about it.

Halil

I recorded a video showing intense flickering. Do u have any idea why it is happening , any suggestion?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not able to duplicate that using Chrome: http://www.screencast.com/t/4Ydh68UrK

Is it happening on all browsers for you?

Halil

just chrome, Edge and Firefox work normal.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Maybe you have a Chrome extension glitching out? Have you tried in Incognito mode?

Halil

same thing happens randomly ( I mean not always) in incognito mode too. I am having this strange behaviour with my site only and only with chrome.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have another computer to check on? Or maybe a friend/family member who can check?

I just tried for a few minutes and couldn’t get it to happen at all.

Halil

it is same with another laptop too however installation of chrome is almost identical.

Every time I refresh the page by pressing F5 my subscribe newsletter widget on the sidebar flickers.

If you dont see the same issue when refresh several times then it should be related with my own settings.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, I believe what you’re seeing is the content loading. Everything else loads so fast that it’s not even visible. Since the sidebar content is loaded after the main content, it takes a little bit longer, and causes that flash as it loads.

Halil

I dont know why but flickering is an issue with my chrome as u see in the recorded video. but you guys say it looks normal then it should be something with my settings. OK. thanks alot Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

I do believe what you’re seeing is just the site loading. You may have some CSS loading in the footer of the website, which means it will take an extra half second to read and apply to the HTML. Might be worth checking out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.