[Resolved] Sidebar depending on resolution?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sidebar depending on resolution?

Home Forums Support Sidebar depending on resolution?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anders

Hi there,

I have a website that I have setup as content-left_sidebar-right_sidebar, in the right sidebar I have ads and I want to shift the sidebar setup when anything under 960 in resolution browses the website to a content-right_sidebar setup is that possible?

I do not want to limit the website to on mobile-desktop setup, but instead, work with a resolution setup where everything below 960px uses “content-right_sidebar” setup and everything above 960 uses “content-left_sidebar-right_sidebar” setup.

Hope you understand what I am trying to do here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Leif, what happens to the left side bar at this new breakpoint? Is it to be stacked below the right side bar or below the content?

Anders

Hi David,

I need the “content-left_sidebar-right_sidebar” setup to not load and instead load a “content-right_sidebar” setup.

Hope that makes sense .. =)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so what happens to the content of the left sidebar? Is it just removed completely? Or combined with the right sidebar?

Anders

The only thing that should show is the sidebar with the news listings on the current setup, but in a content-sidebar setup that fills the same width as with the content-sidebar-sidebar setup that is the default.

If I just remove the sidebar with the banners now it does not fill out the total width as a content-sidebar setup would do.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Leif,

you can try this:

@media (min-width: 769px) and (max-width: 960px) {
        #primary {
            width: 75%;
        }
        #right-sidebar {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Anders

That seems to do the trick, what does #primary stand for, the sidebar with the news or content?

Thanks anyway, now I can fiddle some more with it .. =)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The primary is the content area. Glad I could help

Anders

Thank David again, I think my purchase of GP Premium a year ago has been my best buy in value, I often don´t need help but when I do this forum has been gold .. =) So thanks for bringing value to the community .. =)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad i could be of help!

Anders

Oppss .. Times fly .. Checked my account and I bought it January 8, 2016 .. Woow, that’s value for my onetime lifetime license .. =)

Have a great weekend and make sure to enjoy the sun and take your laptop outdoors if your working .. =)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ha ha, have a great weekend too!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.