[Support request] Sidebar alignment

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sidebar alignment

Home Forums Support Sidebar alignment

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gevorg

Hello,

Could you please tell me how to fix the content alignment in the second right sidebar?

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there, are you talking about the GoogleAd that is escaping the side bar?
    If so you can either select an advert that fits the container width which is 250px wide, their used to be a 240px x 400px banner ad with google.

Alternatively you can increase the size of the sidebar, either by increasing the container width in Customiser > Layout > Container or increasing the % the sidebar occupies in Customiser > Layout > Sidebars (you can also reduce the sidebar padding).

Let me know

Gevorg

Hi David, yes that sidebar, but it is not only the ad that looks like that. I can add another image and it still jumps to the right. If I change the size of the sidebar, it will affect all the sidebars, wouldn’t it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, the change will effect all of the sidebars. I can’t see any other elements jumping out of the container only the advert which we cannot resize with code it has be done when setting up the Advert.

Gevorg

What I don’t understand is the fact that the sidebar is 330px and the ad banner is 300px yet the unit is not centered in the 330 px box.

Gevorg

And if I add another image with a 300 px width, it automatically shrinks to 240 px in order to be centered, so there is a lot of space just left blank.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The side bar has 40px padding so the container is only 250px wide. You can target just that widget and reduce the padding by adding this CSS to Customiser > Additional CSS:

.inside-right-sidebar #text-2 {
    	padding: 15px !important;
    }

Please note, that if you move the widget then the ID: #text-2 may change.

Gevorg

That seemed to work, David.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. As a note, those type of google ads aren’t responsive so they won’t resize to fit the container. Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.