[Support request] Showing icons on mobile nav

Home Forums Support [Support request] Showing icons on mobile nav

Home Forums Support Showing icons on mobile nav

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David

I am building a simple one page site and would like to replace hamburger icon on mobile with social icons and maybe a phone icon? i will no longer need menu as this will be the only page for the site. add icons as custom links to menu? or use social menu? and how do i replace hamburger icon with these?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can use mobile header with this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/#adding-html-inside-the-mobile-header

And use CSS to hide the toggle:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .main-navigation .menu-toggle {
            display: none;
        }
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

David

thank your your response i am not heavily versed in html so i am having trouble finding my mobile header html to insert into the php function. I have an elementor template that inserted with a hook but when doing that i loose functionality of sticky header. that is why i am trying to add icons to customizer header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You should be able to place your Elementor template inside the hook using the shortcode:

add_action( 'generate_inside_mobile_header','tu_mobile_header_html' );
    function tu_mobile_header_html() { ?>
        <div class="mobile-header-content">
            <?php echo do_shortcode( '[your_elementor_shortcode]' ); ?>
        </div>
    <?php }
    David

Thank you leo and tom both for your hard work and support. This worked perfectly tom! but it got me thinking can i do this with the primary nav or main site header as well if so could you provide me a code snippet to accomplish this? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

I am able to get it to show above site header using code below but it doesnt replace existing header just sits above it and does not inherit sticky properties.

add_action( 'generate_header','tu_site_header_html' );
    function tu_site_header_html() { ?>
        <div class="site-header-content">
            <?php echo do_shortcode( '[elementor-template id="81"]' ); ?>
        </div>
    <?php }
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you referring to the desktop navigation?

If so this hook should work: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_inside_navigation/

Let me know if this is not what you wanted or if you can’t get the snippet to work.

David

Thats it leo! perfect problem solved thank you guys so much

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help 🙂

David

Now that i have the elementor template as primary navigation a new issue has come up. When initial page load is performed the elementor template flashes un-styled content. For example the default social icons color flashes quickly then my settings are applied.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.