[Resolved] show sticky navigation after scrolling

Home Forums Support [Resolved] show sticky navigation after scrolling

Home Forums Support show sticky navigation after scrolling

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kamil

Hi everyone, is it possible to show sticky navigation only after hitting particular section when scrolling down ? for example, i have 4 sections on a page, section A, B, C, D. I’d like to show navigation only when i passed section C. have someone done that before?

Kamil

forgot to mention that i’m using a child theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Unfortunately that would take some pretty considerable coding as it is right now.

However, our sticky navigation is going through a re-write right now. I’ll keep this feature request in mind and will try to make it easier to achieve.

Kamil

alright, thanks!

how do i disable “transition height” effect for sticky navigation?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Make sure the sticky navigation height value is empty: Customize > Layout > Sticky Navigation

Kamil

since i had to make navigation height 111px, i just had to do the same for sticky.

thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeff

Any chance this request has made it into recent code (for menu to not appear until scrolling a certain distance or until a certain section)?

I found your code on another thread to hide the nav on a page until scroll and it works great… I just wish the menu didn’t pop up so immediately.

Heres what I’m currently using:

#site-navigation:not(.navigation-stick) {
    visibility: hidden;
    height: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

#sticky-placeholder {
    display: none !important;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

no it hasn’t – we’re still investigating a vanilla javascript method of doing this as well as making other improvements to the navigation. Its on our to do list ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.