[Resolved] Show short category description on shop page&longer description on category page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Show short category description on shop page&longer description on category page

Home Forums Support Show short category description on shop page&longer description on category page

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

Don’t know if there is an answer…so here goes. On my main shop page in Woocommerce I show various categories…underneath each category is a description. In most cases my descriptions are too long, would like them shorter, but I want the long description once they get to the category page.

For example: https://store.thecatholictravelguide.com/ this shows categories with long descriptions scu as the one under “Home and Garden”…would like to shorten those descriptions but still have the longer description once someone actually goes to the category page such as this

So what I want to do is have two separate descriptions..one for the shop page under each category, and then a longer description on the individual category page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not sure if there is a way to accomplish what you are trying to achieve unfortunately.

The description is handled by WooCommerce plugin itself so you will need to check with their support to see if there is a way to do it.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

CRISTO

Yes, I figured that was the case. Thanks for checking.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.