[Support request] Show latests posts on category row?

Home Forums Support Show latests posts on category row?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sara

Hello,

I am looking to create on homepage under hero slide to show last 5 posts publish on every category on rows something like on website I place on private URL textbox. How I can do this?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You will basically need to use a similar structure as Dispatch – using a static home page and WP Show Posts.

It will take quite a bit of custom coding to replicate something exactly like the example which I’m not sure if you are comfortable with.

The example site you are using is using Elementor which would be worth considering if you aren’t comfortable with coding in HTML and CSS.

Sara

I am comfortable with CSS and HTML or I can try at least just tell me where to place code, can you please let me know?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Simplest way is as per the original Dispatch site, change your Home page to a static page instead o of displaying the latest posts.

Then use the WP Show Posts plugin to create each category list you require. Then simply edit your new static home page and add the Shortcodes for each of the WP Show Post lists.

Sara

Is there another way to do this? A more dynamic way?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

David’s suggestion is definitely the best method.

Sara

Hello Leo and David,

Thanks for advice David you seem to be right, I manage to create WP Shop Posts with category Marca and it seems to be showing correctly as you can see my site on URL private textbox, now I need help with the following:

1) How can I change style for category title like on website I mention

2) How can I change style for container box, image, title and description like on website I mention?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Since you mentioned that you are comfortable with HTML and CSS, I would recommend using the browser inspector to see exactly how the example site was achieved like this:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/cp9aeMHi

If you aren’t comfortable doing that, then I would highly recommend looking into Elementor.

To provide complete CSS and HTML to duplicate that site is a bit outside of our support forum scope unfortunately as those are not exactly theme related questions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sara

Ok fine, I understand this is going beyond theme support but, thanks for trying.

Anyways I am trying to do this David’s way can you at least let me know names for main things on wpshowposts like title, description, category so, I can change css on it.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you right click on the element you are wondering about and use the browser inspect tool, then you can see exactly the element name, class and the CSS associated with it:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ICe2pAXB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.