[Support request] Should I get rid of sections now WP has created blocks?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Should I get rid of sections now WP has created blocks?

Home Forums Support Should I get rid of sections now WP has created blocks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gracie

Hi guys,

I’m just up and running with my website using your awesome sections and now WP has launched blocks! Is there any benefit in stopping using sections and starting to use blocks? i.e. will it make any difference to SEO? Or will you be getting rid of sections and therefore I ought to make the switch now, before I build loads of new content in sections?

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sections will continue to be maintained so no fear that it won’t work or won’t be supported in the future. The one function missing from Gutenberg without additional plugins is the ability to create Sections / Rows. If this is not a requirement then yes Gutenberg would be a good direction to head in. If it is a key requirement then i would stick with Sections where required for the time being.

There is of course nothing stopping you from using Sections on one page ( where rows are required ) and using Gutenberg on pages and posts where they are not.

SEO wise – there is no difference.

Gracie

Hi David,

Thanks very much, that’s very useful. I’m spending some time getting into the blocks now – might be in touch with questions!

Thank you,
    Gracie

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Mathias

Hello David, before I’d open a new topic. Is your statement still valid or might our tons of sections break down the road? Since there is no chance of combining Gutenberg and Sections (or/and Generate Blocks), what would you do in our shoes to get rid of sections and get the advantages of the new approach to custom design?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can open a new topic for your question?

This one is very old now.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.