[Resolved] Shortcodes within Page Header – Content area

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Shortcodes within Page Header – Content area

Home Forums Support Shortcodes within Page Header – Content area

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Simon

Hi guys

So I’m adding an elementor template shortcode into the page header content area. Inside the elementor template is a shortcode for a stripe button. When I view the elementor template the stripe button is working fine.

When I insert the elementor template into the page header content area and view that page I see the elementor template displaying into the page header area as it should however the stripe button shortcode is showing the shortcode text instead of the button. i.e. instead of a button I see something like this [stripe][stripe_subscription id=”business-plan” image_url=”/image.png”][/stripe]

It’s like the shortcode isn’t be parsed within the page header.

Any ideas?

Simon

Okay I’ve fixed this.

I was using the ‘HTML element’ which is working fine usually. However when using an Elementor Template in the Page Header area the ‘text element’ is working.

So basically if anyone else has this issue copy the shortcode into a text widget and it’s solved.

Simon

FYI the text element is actually a bit fiddly… sometimes it’s not working with shortcodes which is why I choose to use the HTML element as the text element adds p tags etc and messes up the shortcode. Took a bit of playing around to get it working. I had to change from paragraph to header and back to paragraph and then copy the shortcode into the text area (not the visual area). Very temperamental, so many look into this problem anyway even though I’ve ‘resolved’ it…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found the fix. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.