[Support request] Shortcodes not visisble in frontend

Home Forums Support [Support request] Shortcodes not visisble in frontend

Home Forums Support Shortcodes not visisble in frontend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Balthasar

Dear support,

I have embedded Google Maps and Wetransfer Button with shortcodes in my website. In wordpress they are shown but in the frontend of the site they are not visible.
    I added them using elementor pro.
    Any suggestions?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is unlikely a theme related issue.

Does the shortcode render on a test page without Elementor?

Balthasar

Didn’t try to render the site without elementor. Is there no way to fix that with elementor?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Didn’t try to render the site without elementor. Is there no way to fix that with elementor?

Leo’s suggestion was for us to test where the issue lies.

We check for conflicts by disabling plugins and/or testing it using another theme to see or pinpoint where and why the issue occurs.

Ideally, we check if the shortcode actually works without GeneratePress or Elementor by disabling all the plugins except the shortcode’s plugin and with WP default theme activated.

If it works, we then test with all plugins disabled except the shortcode’s plugin with GeneratePress theme enabled. If the shortcode also works with this then that means the issue may be coming from a plugin.

We then test with all plugins disabled except for the shortcode’s plugin, Elementor, Elementor Pro with GeneratePress theme enabled. If the shortcode stops working, then it most likely an Elementor issue. If the shortcode works, we can say that a plugin may be conflicting with the shortcode. We then try to enable plugins one by one and see if any of them break the shortcode.

We understand that it seems like a tedious process but that’s how debugging/conflict checking works. 🙂

If you want to try fixing it within the bounds of Elementor then you’ll have to ask Elementor Pro’s support regarding this matter. 😀

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.