[Support request] Shortcodes not appearing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Shortcodes not appearing

Home Forums Support Shortcodes not appearing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Hi, I’m a little lost with this and very new to GP/Elementor so forgive me if I’m being stupid.

I’m running GP pro and Elementor pro. I’m using the Elementor shortcode widget to try and add shortcodes and they’re not appearing. Not on the back end or the front end. I’ve tried another theme (sorry!), disabled all other plugins, tested in different browsers, and nothing. This is happening with multiple shortcodes so I’m confident it’s not a problem with the plugins (AudioIgniter / Gravity Forms) but there seems to be an issue, even though it works very well for others – frustrating!

I don’t know what else you might need from me. Can anyone help?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Where are you adding the shortcode? In the content?

Matt

Thanks for the reply. I’m trying to add the shortcode in two places – firstly in an Elementor library template (a sidebar) and also in the body of the page, in the main content area.

If I switch back to WP Twenty Seventeen theme, the shortcode appears. When I try them same thing in GeneratePress, it doesn’t.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What’s the shortcode? Custom code or from a plugin?

Matt

Hi Tom, it’s through a plugin – the AudioIgniter plugin (but to test that it’s not the plugin thats’s the issue, I’ve also tested with Gravity Forms and the same thing happens).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So when you add these shortcodes through the regular content editor, they don’t work?

If that’s the case, you have some sort of conflict going on. WordPress itself handles shortcodes, so perhaps one of the plugins you’re using is preventing it from doing so?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.