[Support request] Shortcode Date

Home Forums Support [Support request] Shortcode Date

Home Forums Support Shortcode Date

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

mobile view works, thanks. in the case of the titles, can i remove the space between the title and tag then and have the total length based on the length of the title? (see my website for a better visual. i used body:not(.single) footer.entry-meta { margin-left: -35px; } to achieve it but it covers the text and spacing is still off with post1 vs post10)

for the tags i tried .tag-email a:nth-child(2) { background-color: #111111; color: #ffffff; } but it only works if the tags are in the correct order 🙁

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am little confused as to what you’re trying to achieve. Can you do a mockup to explain better? Sorry.

If you’re tags are going to be unique and easily manageable then you could do something like this:

.tags-links a[href*="email"] {
        /* styles in here */
    }

href is the anchor link attribute of the element, so can be used as a CSS selector the *= means it contains whatever is in the variable field.

Anthony

does this help? https://imgur.com/a/XxtA0Jl left is mine

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The space is there because the Entry Header sizes according to the largest element either the Title or the Posted on Time. There isn’t a CSS fix for this without unpicking everything done so far.

Whats the odds that posts will have a title less then 15 characters, which is about what is needed to make the title longer ?

Also – just a note you have a 14px font size for the headings. Google recommends a minimum 16px font size or you’re site will get flagged as “Text too small to read”. Increasing the font size will also help with reducing the space.

Anthony

ok thats fine ill keep that character count in mind. is that minimum requirement for just headings or everything? 16px makes the tags and date huge.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Anything that is seen as content so paragraphs and headings – things like Meta tags and captions you can get away with them being smaller. With links (or buttons) you may get flagged if they are too close together, but i think you’re ok there in regards to the tag links.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.