[Support request] Shortcode Date

Home Forums Support [Support request] Shortcode Date

Home Forums Support Shortcode Date

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

yeah comment count with icon to far right, is this possible? also, how would i replace the date with [posted_time]?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can add comment count via the Customizer > Layout > Blog options. And i can provide some CSS to position it.

To replace the date, first disable the date in the blog options then:

1. Create a new Hook Element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

2. Add the shortcode to the content text area.
    3. Select the after_entry_title hook from the list
    4. Check Execute Shortcodes
    5. Display Rules tab set All Archives and Blog as the Locations.

Anthony

you are a genius, thank you. i enabled comment count but it looks like a tag.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The CSS you have for stying your tag, remove the comments-link from the selector ie.

.cat-links a, .tags-links a, .comments-link a

becomes:

.cat-links a, .tags-links a

Anthony

worked. and then how do you move comments to the far right? also, why is post1’s tags shifted to the left?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I updated the CSS here which will align the comments to the far right of the tags.

The difference in alignment is due to the length of the title – Post1 is slightly shorter in length. The Flex grid being used will adapt to fit the content. If you want to keep all titles the same width ( longer titles will wrap ) then add this and adjust to suit:

.separate-containers .entry-header {
        width: 20%;
    }
    Anthony

thanks. when i write content inside the post, everything shows up and moves stuff out of place. how do i hide it until you click the post like you did with your website?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Blog Options you can set the Excerpt Length to 0

Anthony

can i make each post linkable on hover? like when you hover over an individual post, its clickable instead of clicking on the post title to go to the content.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Anthony

when i click my post the content shows up in between the title and tag, how do i fix this? can i make the post title bigger without changing the size of the titles on the homepage? also, how do i get [posted_time] to appear in place of the one on the content page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I updated the CSS here to exclude the single post from the flex styling we added.
    The Single Post uses the H1 ( the blog grid uses the H2 ) – so simply adjust its size in the Customizer > Typography > Headings > H1

For the posted time – edit the Hook Element you created and on Display Rules add another Location of: Posts > All Posts.

You can remove the Date in Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Single

Anthony

it worked! what typography does the [posted_date] fall under so i can do the same thing? can i put the tags next to the title instead of at the bottom on the content page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try adding this PHP snippet – should move the tags below the title, then i can look at some CSS for positioning:

add_filter( 'generate_header_entry_meta_items', function( $items ) {
       if ( is_single() ) {
           $items = array(
               'tags',
           );
       }
       return $items;
    } );
    Anthony

i added the snippet but it didnt do anything

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.