[Resolved] Shortcode and Text Editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Shortcode and Text Editor

Home Forums Support Shortcode and Text Editor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Quentin

Hi there,

sorry .. tried to delete this topic .. my website broke in the meantime and have to fix it first.

I will open a new ticket later.

Thank you

Quentin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – we’ll be here. Hope you get it fixed

Quentin

Hi David,

no, actually is worse than expected. I will keep this topic open and try to explain my problem in a few words. Because it started with shortcode and text editor ๐Ÿ™‚

What I did: Changed default margin in elementor global settings on front page to 0. Website totally crashed big time. Back to default but no chance to recover. But just the front page, all other pages are still fine.
    Used a Backup from last night before I changed global settings. Same problem occoured and this is not possible. The front page did not work anymore. Did not have any issues before.
    I deleted html widget on front page (connected to geo target and to some code in the GP footer). This worked without any issues so far and after I deleted the html widget the front page is back. How can it be that there is a problem with html codes all of a sudden?
    It cannot be that everything worked, today it crashed but even with a backup today’s issue is still there.
    Maybe there is a way for you to check this out.

Thank you very much in advance

Quentin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like an issue with the code in the HTML Widget – without seeing the code i cannot say what that problem would be. If you can share the HTML here i can take a look.

Quentin

Hi David,

in the meantime I deleted the hooks and all html and set up from scratch again and it seems ok now. But now we are coming to my problem in regards to the shortcode and text editor. I am using a elementor html widget and add the shortcode into a text editor widget. This makes things a big easier and faster for me. But unfortunately there is this margin around the html widget. Is there any chance to get rid of it?

Thank you

Quentin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Where can I see this specific widget?

Quentin

Hi Leo, directly on the front page .. you will see an ad banner and has a white margin around it. I guess the url I provided in my very first post. It’s a 728×90 banner (at least should be depends on your location)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This widget here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ABoU0qT4hnft

If so you’d need to check with Elementor’s support as all the padding and margin are coming from the page builder.

Quentin

Thank you Leo,

I expected that it might be an Elementor problem

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.