[Resolved] Shopping cart icon with load essential font-awesome fonts only

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Shopping cart icon with load essential font-awesome fonts only

Home Forums Support Shopping cart icon with load essential font-awesome fonts only

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Coen

Hi,

For speed reasons I dont want to load the complete font-awesome, but would like to replace CART in the menu by the shopping-cart icon. Therefore I created my own font with 2 icons.

This works fine on a test page:

<i class=”coen icon-user” aria-hidden=”true”></i>
    <i class=”coen icon-shopping-cart” aria-hidden=”true”></i>

https://plasticplaten.com/test/

The icon-user also works fine in the menu, however I cant get the shopping-cart logo to show up, using the following code snippet:

add_filter( ‘generate_woocommerce_menu_cart_icon’, ‘tu_change_wc_menu_cart_icon’ );
    function tu_change_wc_menu_cart_icon() {
    return ‘<i class=”coen icon-shopping-cart” aria-hidden=”true”></i>’;
    }

What do I do wrong, or is there a workaround?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This looks like an issue with the way we’ve coded the feature. Let me look at it tomorrow to make it easier in 1.6. Then I can give you instructions to make the change on your install right away.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Got something working. Are you comfortable editing some core files if I give you instructions?

Coen

Hi Tom,

That is no problem.
    Regards,
    Coen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/woocommerce/functions/functions.php, search for:

$icon = ( ! apply_filters( 'generate_fontawesome_essentials', false ) ) ? apply_filters( 'generate_woocommerce_menu_cart_icon', '<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" aria-hidden="true"></i>' ) : __( 'Cart', 'gp-premium' );

Replace that line with:

$icon = apply_filters( 'generate_woocommerce_menu_cart_icon', '<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" aria-hidden="true"></i>' );

Then your code should work.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Coen

Hi Tom,

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot. Really impressed with your work and site speed performance!

Regards,
    Coen

Coen

closed

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for reporting the issue! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.