[Resolved] Shopify embedded store not functioning properly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Shopify embedded store not functioning properly

Home Forums Support Shopify embedded store not functioning properly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    louie.guarino

I’m embedding a shopify store code on a page and its not working properly. I embedded it on another site i have with a different theme to test it and it works perfect.

My store page is at bicojigs.com/store and once you add an item to the cart the cart opens, when you close the cart there is a little shopping cart icon that is sticky on the page that you can click to reopen the cart.

That icon was not showing up on the site until I changed the layouts to “contained”. Changing that made it show up on desktop but its distorted and more importantly it does not show up on mobile devices or tablets at all.

If you want to see how it is supposed to be functioning I embedded he code on topfishingsites.com/store

I love this theme so I hope there is a solution…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Not sure why that’s happening – I can’t see any conflicting CSS.

To deal with the distortion, try this CSS:

.btn--side-cart-button {
        display: none;
    }

It seems to be showing up for me on mobile – can you show me what it’s like when you’re site isn’t set to contained?

Let me know 🙂

louie.guarino

File Aug 11, 5 46 56 PM

File Aug 11, 5 47 08 PM

The first iphone6 screen shot is on the GP theme, the second is on another theme

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, you said you tested it with another theme – did this other theme have the exact same plugins installed?

louie.guarino

no they have different plugins, should I deacitivate all plugins?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea give it a shot – deactivate them one by one and see if it’s one of them causing the issue 🙂

louie.guarino

Well this is going to get some laughs I’m sure…

I disabled all the plugins on the site and the store functioned perfectly so I disabled the plugins one at a time and I found the culprit…

are you ready?

the SHOPIFY plugin!

I’m not kidding its working perfectly now, including fixing the distorted cart icon!

Thank you Tom for your support on this

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ha, who would have thought!

Glad it’s working now 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.