[Resolved] Setting Widgets to 0 still displays them?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Setting Widgets to 0 still displays them?

Home Forums Support Setting Widgets to 0 still displays them?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    v4ncouver

Hi,
    I’ve seen a tutorial where someone suggests to put an empty text tag into the footer widgets but that seems a bit too barbaric in 2017.

So …. how can I set those flipping footer widgets NOT to display?

Here is what the mess looks like:
    https://www.earlymusiceducation.com/early-music-education-website/

This hasn’t actually worked for me from the beginning but I had bigger issues.

I look forward solving that puzzle. This is a NEW install with only five plugins.
    They are: Askismet, CC7, Elementor (not used for the blog), GP Premium and SG Optimizer (which is something my webhost automatically installs for caching).

This is really puzzling me and I don’t get what I am missing?

Update!
    I have since gone to Customizer > Layout > Widgets and selected 0 which fixed it but what I don’t know is if the widgets now can’t be used at all or? Seems to be unnecessarily complicated considering that most themes don’t do this the weird way.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like there are no footer widgets on that page to me?

Here is what I see: https://s23.postimg.org/gu9imvdvf/2017-04-29_2331.png

Are you seeing something different? If so try clear the browser cache.

Let me know.

v4ncouver

WOW, that was quick!
    I was hoping that I can set the number of visible widgets by using the radio buttons on a given page.
    Disabling them in the Customizer did work but I am still confused about “how” GeneratePress wants us to use widgets.
    I’ve been using WP since Lassy was a puppy and don’t ever remember issues with widgets. At least not displaying them.

I’ll experiment some more … It’s been a long day.
    Thanks again for your help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The customizer option allows you to set global setting, the meta box allows you to the number of footer widgets on individual pages/posts.

See this page for more info: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-widgets/

Let me know if this answers your question or if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

v4ncouver

If I understand this right then you basically set the “default” number of widgets in customizer and override that value as needed when publishing a blog post or page.
    I’ll test some more tomorrow because I also have issues with the sidebar display. No matter what I check, I often don’t get the result but that’s another story.
    Thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If I understand this right then you basically set the โ€œdefaultโ€ number of widgets in customizer and override that value as needed when publishing a blog post or page.

Exactly ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad I could help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.