[Support request] Setting up child themes?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Setting up child themes?

Home Forums Support Setting up child themes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelly

Hello,

I’m currently building a site for my employer and he would like to see several different possible styles before he settles on one to go forward with. I’m using Generate Press to build the styles but would like to know how to have multiple instances of Generate Press running so I can activate/deactivate them to demo different styles? For instance, he wants to see one “clean, blue” style and the another “futuristic HUD sci-fi space” style to decide which one he likes best.

Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Kelly,

How are you setting up the “styles” exactly, is it through the customizer or through custom CSS, or both?

In Appearance > GeneratePress, you can export customizer settings. As for additional CSS, you’ll need to manually copy and paste it.

If you’re planning to create custom stylesheets in your Child theme, see Elvin’s response here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-stylesheet/#post-1608904

Kelly

I’m trying to treat them as completely separate themes, honestly.

I’ll follow your steps in the morning and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Well, I believe it’s possible to create two staging sites. Doing so would logistically be easier. As you can view the sites at the same time and compare. Try to check if it’s doable with your hosting provider.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.