[Resolved] Setting Global Colours and Typography

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Setting Global Colours and Typography

Home Forums Support Setting Global Colours and Typography

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barbara

Hello,
    I am a beginner with WordPress and GeneratePress.I have looked through your support materials and still find it difficult to get started as everything you have is very specific. I really need a big picture guide (I have seen this asked by others). So here goes, trying to adopt specific questions.

I am using GeneratePress Theme and GenerateBlocks. I am not using one of the specific themes; I tried that and ended up very confused. I have also installed the child theme as, ultimately, I need to build several websites. I want to add my brand colours and typography. I main the customize colours and I note that the first 3 colours are contrast 1,2,3 and Then Base 1,2, 3 and then Accent. It says if I change the names it will change the template. Is a definition of what these names relate to? I mean how and where are the colours applied?

Sorry for the basic questions, I have a long journey ahead. Barbara

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Barbara,

The default Global Colors are applied to different places in your site. The Global Color can be used in the customizer, GB settings, custom code, etc. By default, they are used only in the customizer unless you’ve used them elsewhere. Personally, I would advice creating a new Global Color, and applying that to different sections in your site through Appearance > Customize > Colors.

You can use Appearance > Customize > Typography for typography settings you wish to apply globally in your site.

Barbara

Hi Fernando,

I have setup global colours in the customiser. My question is, I have left the default names eg contrast-2, should I change these?
    BR, Barbara

Fernando
    Customer Support

You mean change the variable name? You can leave it as is, and then create new ones.

If you wish to change it, you can also do that, but make sure you don’t use it anywhere.

Barbara

Hi Fernando,

I have already changed the HEX codes to the colours that I wanted and left the names as they are. Is this a problem? I want a global set of colours for my brand and then be able to use them across my websites. At the moment, I have created a staging site and have loaded GP theme and GP Blocks. I have a GP Premium subscription and am using the standard GP Blocks.

If I load the Services Template, will my global colours update? Or do I have to enter them again?
    BR, Barbara

Fernando
    Customer Support

That’s alright.

As for the global colors, no, you don’t have to enter them again. You can export them through Appearance > GeneratePress.

Then, after importing Service template, you can import you Global colors as well.

Barbara

Thanks Fernando. That worked. I will open new topics for my other questions.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Barbara!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.