[Resolved] Set different query loop logic for desktop and mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Set different query loop logic for desktop and mobile

Home Forums Support Set different query loop logic for desktop and mobile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dmitrii

I’m using GenerateBlocks to display posts from different categories on my homepage, but I want to set different query loop logic depending on what device a user is on.

On desktop, I want a user to see 4 posts in a row (from a specific category).
    On mobile, I want a user to see 3 posts in a row (from the same category).

I’ve tried switching to mobile mode but it seems the query loop function applies to all device types.

Any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks!

Dmitrii

The only solution that came to mind was to build everything separately for desktop/tablet/mobile and just hide the containers depending on the device type.

But not sure if there’s an easier way…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Query Loop has the same behaviour as GB Grid Block, you can set the grid item Container and set its % width to what you require. eg. 25% ( 4 columns ) Desktop and 33% ( 3 columns ) mobile:

2022-07-03_12-37-54

What you cannot do is change the Query loop parameters for different device sizes.

If you want a query loop that shows only 4 posts on Desktop and only 3 on mobile then you would need multiple query loops

Dmitrii

Multiple query loops worked perfectly, thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that works for you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.