[Resolved] Server Hangup on Plugin Install

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Server Hangup on Plugin Install

Home Forums Support Server Hangup on Plugin Install

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt

I just purchased GP Premium and upon trying to install the plugin I get a page that says “Server Hangup”. I have followed the instructions for downloading and installing the .zip file. I have attempted the install from several different browsers with no luck. The site is hosted at BlueHost and I haven’t had any other issues installing plugins or themes before.

Thanks,

Matt

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a new one.

Just did a little research and it seems like a server error instead of a WordPress error.

Just to confirm, you’re uploading the gp-premium.zip file, correct?

What happens if you try to upload an image in the media library?

It might be worth reporting to Bluehost as there might be an issue with your server configuration.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Matt

Thanks for the response Tom,

I was able to upload an image with no issues. And I have double checked that I am trying to upload gp-premium.zip. I agree that it looks like a server issue and I am in the process of checking with BlueHost, but I thought I’d ask here as well just in case.

Thank you,

Matt

Matt

Hi Tom,

I have been working with BlueHost and we uploaded the theme via the file manager and they have told me that the theme is broken. It’s missing the gp-premiumStyleSheet.

Thanks,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, GP Premium is a plugin.

This might help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/missing-style-css-stylesheet/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Matt

Thanks Tom,

I was able to get everything installed by uploading to the plugin directory and unpacking there. Things are looking good now. Still not sure why uploading/installing via the dashboard wouldn’t work. Oh well… πŸ™‚

Thanks for the help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very strange, but glad you got everything working now πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.