[Resolved] server 500 error

Home Forums Support [Resolved] server 500 error

Home Forums Support server 500 error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chad Biggs

I have a brand new install. I have installed the GP theme and everything works good. As soon as I install the GP-Premium plugin and activate add-ons, I get a server 500 error. When I delete the GP plugin through ftp, the site works again.

Chad

this site

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your server probably has a very low PHP memory limit.

Try increasing it: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Chad Biggs

I added the definition to the wp_config.php file … no change. I called the host and they created a .user.ini file and raised the limit to 256 … I am still getting the 500 server error. I do not get an error when I remove the GP plugin, its only when it’s activated. The addons do not have to be activated. I also tried a new domain name and I still get the 500 error.

Chad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A 500 internal server error is an error with the server configuration. Can your hosting shed any light on what the specific error is? If none of the add-ons are activated, it means none of the code is running.

Chad Biggs

No, they did not shed any light. The person I spoke with said he would have to submit a ticket. I might hear (email) back from them today.

Chad Biggs

The host repaired the issue. In the event anyone else has this issue, the problem was with the open_basedir value set in Plesk, under the PHP Settings section. The value was changed to “none”.

Chad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad they were able to sort it out – thanks for posting the solution! 🙂

Amrit

I am trying to configure from site library and getting 500 Error. I have tried changing the configuration as per error code and still not able to resolve the issue.
    I have recreated the site and then tried but still the same 500 error

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Amrit,

Can you please open a new topic please?

We understand that it’s somewhat related but perhaps things may be a little different for you as opposed to the topic starter’s issue. It’s best to post start a new one.:)

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.