[Support request] Separate layout for footer widgets and footer(bar)

Home Forums Support Separate layout for footer widgets and footer(bar)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roman

Hi Tom,

What do you think about adding following option in the customiser?

Currently, GP allows us to have two different “sections” in the footer: the footer widgets area (widget1, 2, 3…) and footer bar (together with the Copyright text). We can change a type of layout either full width or boxed in the customiser, BUT not separately for the footer widgets area and for the footer bar. The same apply for paddings and margins.

Could you add one more option in the customiser to have:
    Layout > Footer Widgets
    Layout > Footer Bar
    Layout > Footer Copyright
    ?

I know it might be solved with CSS, but it is not so easy, and to me at least it seems logical to have an option through the customiser. Usage example: boxed footer widgets area with some text widgets and full width footer bar with a topographic map (or the other way round).

Cheers
    Roman

GP Premium 1.2.96
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Roman,

Interesting idea. The only hurdle would be setting a default that didn’t change the layout of your site when you update the theme.

I’ll give it some thought to see if there’s a back-compatible way to do it đŸ™‚

Shané

Hi there,

I’m currently struggling with the same thing and am wondering if there is any other solution?

I’m using the Footer bar for the Copyright, but want to add another footer with contact details that will be on all the pages and also be full width.

I’ve added text on the Footer Widget 1 and just want to display it center at least which I’m struggling to do and at best I’d like to edit the background and border of that footer as well.

Is that possible? How do I do that with CSS if that’s the only option?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried adding your info into the Footer Bar widget area?

If that doesn’t work, you can set your footer widgets to 1, and the center it with some CSS:

#footer-widgets {
        text-align: center;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.