[Support request] self hosted font problems

Home Forums Support [Support request] self hosted font problems

Home Forums Support self hosted font problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

hi there,

there was a similar topic some time ago, but unfortunately i wasnt able to recover it …

so another one.
    i am intending to host the used fonts in the website localy via @fontface and turn google fonts off. further one i want only the choosen font to show up as a selection in gp/customizer.
    so far everythings working.

but: implementing it that way via child theme and custom css it gives me a FOUT (flash of unstyled text) upon pageload.
    not that sexy.

trying the given option via elementor and uploading the custom font through elementor i have to turn off the option to respect the fonts given by the theme and then theres no fout surprisingly.
    downside is: i am no longer able to define the font-settings via gp, and gp does not even show the custom font to select.

if i want to select the font settings via gp then i have to make elementor respect the font settings from theme and again having that annoying fout …
    letting elementor having (limited) control over the fonts theres no fout but gp does not recognize the font (unless i add it again via @fontface in custom css.

in other words: eighter way running into problems.

so the question is: is there a way to make gp recognize the custom font managed by elementor and avoid the FOUT??? and in addition being able to style all text in gp?

another question would be why there is that FOUT when applying the custom font in child theme of gp but not when adding it via elementor???
    what does elementor different? (regardles that it uses @fontface obviously as well?)

any enlightment appreciated πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I haven’t looked, but maybe Elementor is taking advantage of font-display?

You can learn more about it here: https://css-tricks.com/really-dislike-fout-font-display-optional-might-jam/

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

dasigna

hi tom,

i can’t find anything like font-display in the elementor css … so i really wonder what makes the difference.

the given link is known, but havent testet yet since elementor doesnt give a fout.
    so the idea to have gp recognize the custom elementor-fonts still sounds the nicest πŸ™‚

btw: heres the link to the related topic Fonts from Elementor Pro

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to the site so I can see if I can spot the difference?

dasigna

will send you an email with all needed info πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.