[Support request] Fonts from Elementor Pro

Home Forums Support [Support request] Fonts from Elementor Pro

Home Forums Support Fonts from Elementor Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Antal

Hello,
    I have added a custom font in Elementor Pro (with all weight variations etc) After that I added the font to GeneratePress with the snippet from the forum here.
    Worked great, site looks cool with the font.
    Untill I looked at the design on an other machine. Only the frontpage loads the font, all other pages load good ol’ Times New Roman.
    Is this something that can be fixed?
    πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I see GP is loading Abrade for the body font. But all those content are getting style from Elementor as well though.

Can you ask them to check first?

Antal

Hello Leo,

To test I deleted the Elementor fonts, and added them @font-face. So nothing loads from Elementor now.
    Same thing happens. Only the homepage the menu and footer load with the correct font. Every other page loads (after a pauze) times new roman.
    What can I do to test more?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm on the Webdesign page, I’m seeing Elementor loading the font:

.elementor-widget-text-editor {
        font-family: "Roboto", Sans-serif;
        font-weight: 400;
    }

Is there a specific page I should be looking at?

Antal

(sorry, I have left Elementor font settings on, while testing yesterday. Thats corrected now)

I loaded the font trough @font-face. Deactivated Elementor’s font setting (to force theme font settings). Have set the font in GP (customizer) for the body, menu, and the footer etc.

Only the frontpage will load the correct font. All other pages load Times new roman, after a significant lag. I am unsure where to look, what setting to check.. It seems that there is a problem with loading the fonts.

Gabriele

Hi, I’m also interested in this: I tried Elementor fonts, loaded the fonts in the customizer through the php snippet but Times New Roman is everywhere.
    I really would like to use Elementor to manage my custom fonts, please is there a possibility that GP staff can look into the issue and find a solution for that so we can use the Elementor fonts management in GP?
    This would be the easy way because loading fonts through @font-face needs a child theme and writing css, struggling with relative paths and many people can’t do that easily.

Antal

Sorry, I will have to take an other route with my fonts. Using @font-face gives a lag. (FOUT) Highly annoying.
    Using ‘Use Any Font’ displays custom fonts without the lag. However it is not ideal. I can not use ‘native’ bold and ‘italic’ fonts.

The most ideal way, if GP could use uploaded fonts in Elementor. Maybe you could have a look if this is possible? That would be ACE!
    Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure if GP could use the Elementor fonts, but I’ll take a look.

I looked and your site and didn’t notice any issues, so I assume you’ve already taken the other route.

My guess is that you weren’t using an absolute URL in your @font-face declaration.

Antal

Hi Tom,
    I hope you find a way for us to use the Elementor fonts in GP. Using @font-face gives a glitch rendering in the browser, fonts declared in Elementor do not.
    Thanks a million πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m pretty sure Elementor uses @font-face. If not, can you point me to what they use?

Antal

I am not sure what is special about their implementation, but there is a big difference in how fonts are displayed. Same goes for using tools like ‘use any font’.
    No FOUT (Flash Of Unstyled Text)…

What I do, is load a font in with Use any font, and declare it in GP with your snippet. So far so good. But this tool is quite limited. It can load a font, but no font family. Families are much better when it comes to styling. Thats where Elementor comes in.

So I hope that I can use a snippet one day to declare the Elementor fonts in GP and we can use GP to set typography.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m pretty sure they all use @font-face. FOUT can happen when the declaration is too low in the page, so the content has loaded by the time to the font loads.

Edward

Hi everyone. I’m experiencing the same issue of Elementor Custom Fonts not loading on the frontend. I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I’m using Elementor Pro Version 2.1.7 with GP version 2.1.4. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you checked with Elementor? If they believe it’s a GP issue you can post your link here and we’ll take a look πŸ™‚

Oliver

Hello,

where can I find the snippet you are talking about in this thread to add elementor custom fonts in generatepress?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.