[Resolved] Sections option disappeared

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections option disappeared

Home Forums Support Sections option disappeared

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cecilia Mason

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the fantastic theme & addons! I ran into a problem yesterday when developing a site locally, suddenly the Sections addon no longer gives an option to use sections when editing or making a new page. I noticed it was missing (tried to edit my front page and the sections were gone) just after creating new wordpress users in prep for pushing the site live. I had a backup so I reverted to before I did that but it was still gone. I tried deactivating just sections and then reactivating it, and I also tried deactivating/deleting all of GP-premium plugin and then reinstalled it. Still no sections :(. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s odd – if you’re sure Sections is activated, go into the edit page area and click “Screen Options” at the top right. Make sure both Sections metaboxes are checked.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Cecilia Mason

Thanks Tom for the speedy response! I’m away from my desktop for the holiday weekend but will try it and check back in on Monday evening :). I hope it works!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool, let me know πŸ™‚

Cecilia Mason

Sorry, took me a while to get back to you! I figured out what the issue was, I had a conflict with another plugin that I installed (AGP Font Awesome Collection) as a quick fix when my fa stars kept getting eaten when I would edit a page. Deleting it restored sections so all is well again :). Thank you so much, again, for the wonderful theme, add-ons, and fantastic support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, glad you found the problem! Glad you’re enjoying the theme – thank you for using it πŸ™‚

Marcel

I also have problems with sections area. Even I found in screen options, right now sections metabox there not exists…I also activated all boxes in screen options, but without succes…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Marcel,

Can you try #1 on this page: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/
    Just want to make sure it’s not a plugin conflict first πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.