[Resolved] Sections make existing text disappear

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections make existing text disappear

Home Forums Support Sections make existing text disappear

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    George

I activated sections on a page which had some text already. However as soon as I activated sections, the existing text disappeared, and only the section showed up. Can I not add a section to a page which has text on it already?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi George,

I’m afraid it’s either the regular text or Sections (which is why the regular editor is hidden when Sections are enabled).

You’ll have to copy and paste your content over to the Sections if you want to use them on the page.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

George

So then I have to build an entire page using sections – ok, that’s no problem.

I don’t quite understand what it means to “send sections to the default editor”.

Also could you please tell me how you generated the 3 columns in your “sections” video. I know in the footer it’s done with widgets. Is that the same in the main body or is there another way to split the page into columns?

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi George,

If you don’t want to use the Sections Add-on anymore you can click that button and it will convert everything back to your default editor.

In the GeneratePress Sections video, it’s using a plugin called Lightweight Grid Coulmns:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

Hope this helps 🙂

George

Thank you!

Another question regarding the sections. Is it possible to use sections on a page which has sidebars, like the blue text boxes on this page, for example (scroll down a bit to see several of them): http://www.digitalincomefunnels.com/customer-value-maximization/

bdbrown

Hi George. Currently, the Sections add-on is built for full width type layouts. Per Tom a couple of months ago: “When Sections are enabled, sidebar widgets are removed. This is because generally sections are meant for full width sections of content, which doesn’t allow for any sidebars. I may change this in the future, but I’m not sure how I would incorporate sidebars as of right now.” Tom may have additional information on the current status of the Sections Add-on.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

^^ That’s correct.

I still haven’t really figured out a good way to incorporate sidebars into the Sections, but I am working on it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.