[Resolved] Sections in Posts Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections in Posts Page

Home Forums Support Sections in Posts Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Can the sections plugin be used on the Posts Page? In Pages-Menu one of the Pages is set to be the Posts Page (“the page that shows your latest posts”). When I edit this page it shows me the option “Use Sections (Yes/No)”. When I set to yes and edit some section content I don’t see any difference on the actual page though.

Basically what I want is have a picture on top of the page (right below header/nav-menu) and then below that the blog posts.
    I thought it would be best to realize this using sections. I don’t want to do it by setting the image I want to be displayed on top of the posts page as the header image, because I have other pages on the same site where I don’t want that specific image to show.

Michael

I believe I’d have to do this by adding something to index.php ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

The Sections plugin won’t work for the blog page unfortunately, as it’s not set up like a regular page.

You can use the Page Header add-on to add an image/content above your posts (Appearance > Blog Page Header), and you can use GP Hooks to add an image/content below your posts.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Peter

Hey Tom,

Just bought the Sections Add-on (it was the only one I didn’t have).
    I did not check the support and knowledgebase first. Unfortunately, it does not work for Posts – I really wanted it for Posts..

Tom, if you can someday update the Sections Add-on plugin to work on posts, that would be great!

Thanks,
    -Peter

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Peter,

As of right now it’s only compatible with Pages, but I’ll take a look at including an update for Posts ASAP.

Will update you πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just released an update which includes Sections within posts πŸ™‚

Reto

hi

i tried to change all posts into sectioned ones (i use them as product pages.
    at the beginning it worked nicely. there is no text in the recent post summery, just the picture, but that’s ok for me. there was just the post title and the image i took as headerimage on the bottom of the sections/post page. (i use the Ultimate Category Excluder, that give me back just the posts of a selected category for the recent post summery).

but then, i can’t exactly say how many posts i already changed, the summery doesn’t show up at all. instead there is just the last post i changed.

page: http://vtag.ch/wp/zug-um-zug-zum-vollservice

‘Sicherung’ is the recent posts summery with no-sections-posts

‘Oberbau’ is the one with sections-posts (in fact just ‘Weichen’, if i put another sections-post in the same category, the summery doesn’t show up again, it’s just the last sections-post. if i delete it, the summery shows up again.

any idea?

regards

reto

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, interesting – didn’t think much about how the blog/archives would look with sectioned pages.

Maybe try adding your summary to the Excerpt metabox. At the top right of the page where you’re editing your post, click on “Screen Options” – then check the “Excerpt” metabox.

This should show a textarea which you can add your summary to.

Let me know if that works or not πŸ™‚

Reto

hi
    excerpt works now,thank you, but this is not my main point.

there is more then one post in the category ‘oberbau’, but when you hit ‘oberbau’ in the navigation, it appears just one post (the last i created) not the summery of all posts in this category.

reto

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’ll have to look into it a bit more.

The Sections weren’t originally intended for posts, so I’ll have to do some more testing.

I’ll get back to you when I figure out the issue πŸ™‚

Key Largo

hallo tom,

i am looking in my new post (beitrag in german), but there is no possibility to activate sections like in pages.

i just ubdated my registered site “tee-fokus.de” to Version: 1.2.9.8.

another question: i usually work with the plugin “page builder” by siteorigin. is it possible, to activate it in a section page?

key

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You’ll have to update to the latest version of GP Premium (1.2.61).

Page Builder isn’t compatible at this time (due to how they integrate it into the editor).

Working on an integration πŸ™‚

Key Largo

thx for the fast help!

sections in postings works now. do i have to update always manually, or is there a possibility for an automatic update for the premium plugin?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If your email is activated you should receive updates: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/install-activate-addons/#activate

Key Largo

(Y)

now the updates are working!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.