[Resolved] Sections & Gutenberg (Blocks Editor)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections & Gutenberg (Blocks Editor)

Home Forums Support Sections & Gutenberg (Blocks Editor)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    blitzgeek

Hi,
    i know that there was a question about this topic some days ago.
    My question is: Does it make sense to build pages with the “old” sections plugin? I’m afraid that i need to rebuild those pages, as soon as the “gutensections” option is available.
    I know that it’s hard for you to answer those kind of questions at the moment, but i need to decide how i will layout some specific pages in a customer project.
    Best regards,
    Volker

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Volker,

When Gutenberg is released, having the Sections module activated will revert the editor to the normal editor so you can continue to use Sections – you won’t be forced to rebuild anything.

However, hopefully Gutenberg ships with the capability to nest blocks, which would allow us to deprecate Sections and use core WP functionality instead.

So, you won’t need to rebuild those pages, but you might want to once the functionality is there.

Let me know if that answers your question or not πŸ™‚

blitzgeek

Hi Tom,
    thank you for the reply, hope you’re doing well.
    I always try to stay close to WP core, so i’m sure that i want to rebuild those pages. πŸ˜€
    Just hoped for a miracle….

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Me too! Sections was built because of the lack of control WP for breaking out of the content container. I’m glad that Gutenberg will address that πŸ™‚

Sharif

Hi Tom,
    In GP 1.6 when I activated Sections, Gutenberg is gone and that is great because I use mathml and latex code to write math equations and formulas and I hate Gutenberg because it injects html tags automatically to mathml and latex code and result is corrupted mathml and latex code.
    What I want to know is will you support sections in future GP Updates or should I find any other way to disable gutenberg?
    Regards,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Sharif,

Once Gutenberg fixes a current bug they have that conflicts with Sections, we’ll turn it back on.

You might want to look into the “Classic Editor” plugin, which will disable Gutenberg for you.

TWMA Support

Seems the wysiwyg editor is missing bits and the kitchen sink in sections when using gutenberg. Any fix coming for that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s the TinyMCE editor that they’ve bundled with Gutenberg, unfortunately. I’m not sure if they intend on re-adding those areas in the future or not.

andriansah

Hi tom
    When generatepress update for wordpress 5?
    Or will you make new change for generatepress

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We’ve already pushed out a couple updates for Gutenberg and GP is Gutenberg ready:
    https://generatepress.com/gutenberg/

Please open a support topic if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Sections & Gutenberg (Blocks Editor)’ is closed to new replies.