[Resolved] Sections Background Images

Home Forums Support Sections Background Images

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

I’ve looked over the forum but cant find the answer. I’m making a one page scrolling site with sections. I have the page functioning pretty much as I want it too but for some reason I cant get the background images to work.

Do they need to be a specific size or file type or something ?

When I upload the image I can see the image upload and the thumbnail shows in sections up until I click update to save changes. Once I do that the image thumbnail is no longer showing and it isn’t showing when viewing the page either.

What’s the trick to making the images show ?

Cheers

Tom Lead Developer

Hmm, so the option isn’t saving at all when you publish the post?

Are any of the other options behaving the same way?

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

No everything else appears to be fine. This is what I see after the save. Before save the thumbnail is showing.

Even though the screenshot has a background colour set it still doesn’t show the background image from sections if I clear that entry.

If I however apply the same image via customise background body image the image shows as it should.

Cheers

Tom Lead Developer

Can you replicate this on another site/server? I can’t get it to happen.

When you upload an image through the Section and then go to the Media Library, is the image there?

Garth Dryland

I just tried it on my default test site. I should have done that first as its working on that site so I will have to go through my new single page site and see if its a plugin or something. Maybe its Page Scroll To ID plugin but not sure. It is one of the new plugins used though. I tested security which I figured was the only thing that could be an issue but I guess I was wrong to think that now. Sorry about that. I should know better.

Cheers

Garth Dryland

It looks like its related to the .htaccess site lock down code. It seems a little weird to me given the standard customise background images worked as they should without removing;

AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Site Locked"
    AuthUserFile "/server/directory/.htpasswds/public_html/website/passwd"
    require valid-user

Is there something you can alter so section images also show behind .htaccess like the std bg images appear too ?

Cheers

Tom Lead Developer

It shouldn’t make a difference as the upload script uses the same method as uploading an image anywhere else in WordPress.

Sections is being completely re-built right now, so once that’s done I’ll do some tests to see if I can find the cause.

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

That’s what I though too up until one worked over the other.

Looking forward to whatever changes are coming to sections.

Cheers

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

One thing I’ve noticed since working with sections is that Yoast SEO doesn’t appear to be able to see the content of sections below the first one at the top of the page.

Have you noticed that? Is that on the list of improvements ?

Cheers

Tom Lead Developer

Hi Garth,

Yoast only scans the default editor, it won’t look through the Sections.

Your best bet is to turn Sections off for a minute and click the “Send sections to default editor” button.

Then turn sections back on.

This way, your content will exist in the default editor, and Yoast will scan it.

Garth Dryland

Okay

Thanks for that Tom

Tom Lead Developer
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.