[Resolved] Sections are blank

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections are blank

Home Forums Support Sections are blank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tamarah

I build my site with GPP using Section on each page. I just took the 2.1.2 update (which Tom has already in the Facebook forum said isn’t related) and went in to edit some content when I discovered the sections are blank. I checked all the pages, all blank.

When I turn off Sections I do see the content within the WordPress default editor.

Tamarah

I have Coming Soon enabled on my site until I go live. I created admin access for you and emailed to support@generatepress.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s very strange. All Section content and options are stored just like all of your other metabox data. Did you notice any other lost data on the page? Was the preference to use Sections still saved, or were Sections turned off completely?

Anything else change at the same time? Database changes?

Nothing in GP or GPP would loop through each of your posts and delete metabox data.

Do you have a database backup of before the changes?

We didn’t receive any login details to support@generatepress.com. Can you make sure you sent them to the right address?

Thanks!

Tamarah

No there is no other lost data that I can see.
    No there were no database changes.
    I think there was a WordPress core update.
    Yes I have a backup from Tuesday 5/15. Should I restore it?
    Just resent the user info to support@generatepress.com.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, I would restore your backup.

Then try the update and see if it happens again.

If it does I’ll log in and take a look ๐Ÿ™‚

Tamarah

I did the restore and the sections are still blank. Now I’m biting my nails…
    As I mentioned earlier, I didn’t add any new plugins or make dbase changes. Wouldn’t even know how.

I setup an admin user for you.

Tamarah

Uhh…started looking at all the other pages and NOW the data is appearing. Not sure why it wasn’t there when I looked a minute ago. Any thoughts on what happened?

Tamarah

Here’s the deal. On Chrome the sections are blank. On Firefox they are not blank.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Replicated the same issue here, editor works in FF not Chrome or Safari.

Tamarah

Do you know why ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not getting the issue on my end – updated this site, which uses Sections heavily.

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a look?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tammy, my Mac was due for some updates, so left it overnight done a restart and problem gone. The only issue i had was with a javascript module not loading.

Tamarah

** edit **

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s best to email credentials instead of posting them here, just in case.

Apparently that password isn’t correct – can you double check?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there a specific page I can check out? I checked a couple and all of the editor content is visible while editing Sections.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.