Sections and Page Builder by SiteOrigin

Home Forums Support Sections and Page Builder by SiteOrigin

Home Forums Support Sections and Page Builder by SiteOrigin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Adam

I noticed you added support for Page Builder by SiteOrigin to GeneratePress in 1.2.9.4, are you planning to carry this support through to the Sections addon?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm I’ve actually never tried – are you experiencing any issues trying to use the two together?

Adam

Yes, the issue is the “Page Builder” tab isn’t available next to “Visual” and “Text” as it usually is.

View post on imgur.com

If I set “Use Sections” to “No” then the default editor reappears and the “Page Builder” tab is available again.

You’ll also notice the “Add Media” button is in the middle of the page because “.customEditor” isn’t “clear: both”-ing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Wow that looks messed up – what browser are you using?

Just took a look at how PB adds the tab – not sure I’ll be able to integrate it into Sections for the time being.

Hoping to improve Sections to use the wp_editor() function as soon as the TinyMCE scripts allows for it to be repeatable.

Once that happens, integration could definitely happen.

Adam

Cool, as long as it’s on your radar.

Wow that looks messed up – what browser are you using?

That would be the latest stable version of Chrome on OS X, version 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird – can’t replicate it.

I’ve added a clear in there anyways just to be safe.

Thanks!

Adam

Also just quickly:

View post on imgur.com

That “display: block” messes with other buttons like Jetpack’s “Contact Form”. I know it’s not at all your fault but you might want to be more specific than span, up to you in any case.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for pointing that out – fixed 🙂

Key Largo

hallo tom,

is there meanwhile a possibility to work with pagebuilder by SiteOrigin in GP-sections?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid not – sections duplicates the editor for each section. Integrating the two would require us to duplicate the Page Builder functionality as well, which I’m pretty sure isn’t doable (too many things going on in Page Builder).

Key Largo

thx for the info!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.