[Resolved] Sections and All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets + Comments

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections and All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets + Comments

Home Forums Support Sections and All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets + Comments

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    authorityrocket

Hi team.
    I must say I do love GeneratePress, it’s an amazing theme.

With that said, I’ve been using sections lately and I’m wanting to set up a few different post templates, then just duplicate the ones I want using a plugin like wp duplicate post to save time.

Here’s my problem…
    I have 2 sections for a post where I want to write a review. The top section is full width but contained in the section settings, the second section is as default and where the bulk of my content will go.

I have TOC (table of contents plugin) and All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets. Each of those breaks the page and align to the left outside the content wrap. Comments are also not showing for posts I use sections.

I managed to put the TOC shortcode in a section on its own but rich snippets and comments I can’t work out.

Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do to fix it?
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I am not familiar with the AIO Rich Snippets – how is that content added ? Is it also a shortcode?

authorityrocket

Hi David.

The plugin automatically adds it in at the footer.

Seems like anything after the content of Sections it goes weird with all plugins and comments

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok so the container is full width to accommodate sections. So anything outside of a section will do that.
    So outward of hooking the content into the page within a grid-container wrapper you can add some auto margins to the code like so:

#snippet-box {
        margin: auto;
        box-sizing: border-box;
    }
    #snippet-box * {
        box-sizing: inherit;
    }

I also added box-sizing properties ( which the plugin author should do ) to fix the content alignment issues.

authorityrocket

Ok thank you.
    I will try this first thing in the morning

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know 🙂

authorityrocket

Hi David,
    That seemed to work fine.

However, my comment section is still showing which is strange.
    Any idea why comments work on normal posts and not when using Sections?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sections were never designed to be used on Posts, more as a simple page builder for landing pages and the like, so things like Comments are not available.

This topic here explains how one user got around it.

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/comments-using-sections/#post-325331

authorityrocket

Oh, ok. I didn’t know that. Wish I did though because the templates I have in mind will need sections so I can have a full-width header like section at the top of each post.

I will take a look and see if I can do the workaround.

Thanks anyway, you’ve been super helpful.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

For full width headers with dynamic content you can use the Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

And theres also the Hook Element which would allow you to insert content in other parts of the theme templates:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

authorityrocket

Thanks David.
    I will look into it. I have been using Headers but more for static pages. I’ve found using sections is just a lot easier and I can simply duplicate my template using duplicate post plugin.

Cheers

authorityrocket

I got the comments working following the suggestions here – https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/comments-using-sections/#post-325331

Thanks again David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.