- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago by karenjweiss.
June 27, 2017 at 6:30 am #340011DavidStaffCustomer Support
A few questions having started to reduce my need of a certain page-builder i have begun working wit Sections.
1. What happens to a page with Section’s if the add-on is disabled? Can you access the ‘raw’ HTML?
2. Is it possible to copy sections from one page to another?
3. Alternatively is there an easy way to duplicate a post? And would this work?
4. Any chance you will make this a CPT with capabilities like you new upcoming header add-on? IT would be awesome to have global section templates…..
DavidGeneratePress 1.3.48GP Premium 1.3.1June 27, 2017 at 8:22 am #340070LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. Yup all the contents will be combined into one normal container. You can actually switch back and forth 🙂
2. Not currently
3. Not that I’m aware of. Maybe a plugin somewhere?
4. I think that’s an interesting idea. However I find not many people are really using sections as majority are sticking with Page Builder.June 27, 2017 at 8:33 am #340083DavidStaffCustomer Support
thanks for the quick response. 1. is good to hear i’ll carry on, 2. would be great save me cutting and pasting! 3. ill have a nose and 4. yes a pity – this is part of my elminiating elementor project and i think that this functionality could get more people to adopt Sections, particularly as it respects the core, a lot of people will come unstuck when they want to change their elementor blog or shop…..
Keep up the great work…. looking forward to beta testing the new headersJune 27, 2017 at 8:33 am #340084TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. When you save a page, it moves your section content into the regular editor – it just doesn’t have any of the section settings anymore.
4. I wanted to do this with the Page Header add-on, but things get complicated with the merge settings etc.. It’s definitely something I’m looking into 🙂June 27, 2017 at 9:01 am #340114DavidStaffCustomer Support
Thank’s Tom – i didn’t think to just try switching the section off to see the results! Shame its not as simple to leave then section settings in the html and then that could be copied over to a new page.
Duplicate posts – perfect, for the time being i’ll create a section template store page, duplicate this every time i create a new page and delete the sections i don’t need.
Well i’m jumping the gun, the new Heaaders should be enough to keep me occupied….
But couldn’t help thinking of a section and header library for speed building without the usual shenanigans a page builder creates by disregarding the core.June 27, 2017 at 9:08 am #340122TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperJuly 15, 2017 at 12:16 pm #349862karenjweiss
In response to copying a section from one page to another I haven’t tried it yet but I would think you could do it by creating a template and adding it to the template library. https://docs.elementor.com/article/60-library
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.