[Resolved] Section edit area too small after upgrade

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Section edit area too small after upgrade

Home Forums Support Section edit area too small after upgrade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jon

Hello

After bringing my GP theme and GP Premium plug-in to the latest release, I noticed the Section edit area has shrunk considerably making maintenance very difficult. I have posted an image of this in the “Website URL” section on this issue.

I realize that blocks will obviate the need for sections, so I guess I need to re-write this part of the site. In the meantime, is there a way to expand this area without having to restore to a previous release?

Thank you kindly!

OneMist8k

GeneratePress: 2.4.2
    GP Premium: 1.11.3

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not able to replicate this.

Can you try:

1. Clearing your browser cache
    2. Clearing any caching plugins

If that doesn’t work, can you try deactivating your other plugins one by one to see if one of them is causing the conflict?

Jon

Thanks for trying to replicate. I found the cause.

Clearing the cache didn’t work, and deactivating the cache plug-in didn’t either. That meant painfully disabling each plug in and testing as you suggested.

It turns out the offending plug-in was “Google Analytics Dashboard for WP” by ExactMetrics. The problem disappeared when it was disabled. As it happens, it was one of several plug-ins that was updated at the same time as the GP theme and GP Premium plug-in.

I noticed another update was available from them already so updating this plug-in from ExactMetrics from 6.2.0 to 6.2.2 (current) fixed the problem.

None of the other GP users will likely encounter this problem, but posting the solution makes me feel better. Well, maybe a little. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it’s working now, and thanks for posting what the issue was ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.