[Resolved] Section background images in iOS not displaying correctly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Section background images in iOS not displaying correctly

Home Forums Support Section background images in iOS not displaying correctly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Caroline

Hi Tom

I’m having a strange issue with section background images displaying incorrectly in iOS 9 and 11 (not sure about other versions – these are the only ones I have at home). The website is as per the URL I submitted. On iOS, instead of the image fitting inside the section, the browser is only displaying a small portion of the image (see – https://postimg.org/image/4wyq39fud/ – this is my whole iPad mini screen in portrait mode)

I commented out all the styling I’d added in my child theme stylesheet (in case that was the problem – but it made no difference), so the only settings applied to the images are in the theme settings (see – https://postimg.org/image/a8dmob20l/ )

The images display correctly on my Mac and my Android phone.

I’ve also tried changing the padding, which makes no difference on iOS, and disabling any plugins which could remotely be causing an issue, but again, no change.

I have no idea what’s going on here – any ideas?

Thank you!
    Caroline

Caroline

Ugh – just realised that it probably *is* my CSS – I purged the cache using my caching plugin and the images are displaying properly now with just the theme settings!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is any of your CSS setting the background-attachment to fixed? I’ve seen iOS handle that poorly before.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Caroline

Hi yes, that’s exactly what it was! I’ve changed it to background-attachment: initial; for screen sizes up to 1024px and it’s working perfectly now. Thanks so much for getting back to me!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.