[Resolved] Secondary navigation element causing issues in site

Home Forums Support Secondary navigation element causing issues in site

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leo 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Carsten

Hi there, I have an issue in my BuddyPress installation, not being able to delete messages and updating profile information.

Now I’ve located the issue to be my secondary navigation element. When this element is unpublished the issue disappears. What can cause this?

The hook element has been working, in terms of navigation, but if I deactivate GP Premium and activate again other issues occurs, menus are inaccessible and page content is missing

View post on imgur.com

There must be something wrong with this markup?

<div class="grid-container sub-navigation grid-parent">
        <ul>
            <li id="messages-personal-li" >
                <a href="https://domain/members/me/messages/" id="user-messages" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-post messages-personal-li button">
            Beskeder <span class="count"><?php echo bp_get_total_unread_messages_count( bp_loggedin_user_id() );?></span>
                </a>

</li> 

<li id="visitors-personal-li">
    	<a  href="https://domain/members/me/visitors/" id="user-visitors" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-post messages-personal-li button" >

Besøg <span class="count"><?php echo visitors_get_unique_visitors_count( bp_loggedin_user_id() ); ?> </span> 
    	</a>

</li>

<a class="button" href="https://domain/search">Søg</a>  

</ul>
    </div>

Carsten

Hi there, I’m not sure the issue is related to the element, as it persists with a standard theme as well, unless an element can cause issues in other themes?.

I have to do some more investigation.

Thanks

Leo Customer Support

Hi there,

If the issue exists with the standard theme, then I would recommend reporting this BuddyPress’ support 🙂

Glad you were able to determine the cause!

Carsten

Hi there, yes I have contacted BP support, thanks.

I get this header error message with debug

Deprecated: login_headertitle har været forældet siden version 5.2.0! Brug login_headertext i stedet. Brug af titelattributten på log ind-logoet anbefales ikke af hensyn til tilgængeligheden. Brug linkteksten i stedet. in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5088

It’s partly in danish, but can you tell what it means, anyway?
    I can translate if necessary

Carsten

Translated:

Deprecated: login_headertitle has been obsolete since version 5.2.0! Use login_headertext instead. Use of title attributte on log in-logoet is not recommended due to the accessibility. Use link text instead. in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5088

Carsten

Anything to do with this?

View post on imgur.com

Carsten

I don’t know what is going on with the header and navigation, both the primary menu and the mobile navigation are displayed at the same time, and page starts from top when content is clicked.

View post on imgur.com

Console error 500:

View post on imgur.com

Leo Customer Support

I’m not sure unfortunately but both of those errors are pointing directly at WP rather than GP.

Have you tried disabling all of your custom functions and plugins to test?

Carsten

Hi there, if that’s case, then this is strange:

GP Main theme (no custom functions) all plugins deactivated

View post on imgur.com

Twentynineteen, all plugins deactivated

View post on imgur.com

Twentynineteen, all plugins activated

View post on imgur.com

Carsten

GP main, with Premium

View post on imgur.com

After playing around with themes and plugins, activation of GP Premium looks like this:

View post on imgur.com

2. when menu is clicked the off canvas menu is emty:

View post on imgur.com

Carsten

Post deleted

Leo Customer Support

I still really doubt this is a GP issue.

Have you added any custom functions in hooks element? If so can you try disabling them?

Check this for the empty off canvas navigation issue:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/off-canvas-panel-overview/#empty-off-canvas-navigation

Carsten

Hi there, I don’t know what is causing this issue, but I solved it by adding my footer menu as secondary navigation, and then deselecting this again, then it disappears.

For the off canvas issue, you were right, it was not assigned, apparently theses settings are not stored after deactivation of the plugin.

Leo Customer Support
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.