[Resolved] Secondary Menus and page layout not working since update

Home Forums Support Secondary Menus and page layout not working since update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jan

Hi
    I’ve completed the update to the latest version of GeneratePress and Premium version. Since the update the secondary menu layout is not correct. The menu items are now vertical instead of horizontal and have bullet points in front of them. Also, my page layout has changed on all pages. Instead of it being centered it is now over to the left. At first I thought it may be a conflict with the Divi Builder but deactivating makes no difference and even on the pages without Divi the menus and layout have changed.
    Would it be possible to supply me with the previous version of GeneratePress so I can reinstall or provide some advice?
    Thanks
    Jan

GeneratePress 1.3.48
    GP Premium 1.3
    Jan

Hi,
    I have discovered I can remove the bullet points from the secondary menu with some custom CSS. However, I think this could be a customiser issue. When I go into the customiser and change the secondary menu font from inherit to Ariel the secondary menu items move to where they should be and the page layout returns to where it should be. I then save and publish but when I view the site from the front end no changes have been made. I have purged the cache but that doesn’t work either.
    Jan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any caching plugin? Can you provide a link to your site? Thanks!

Jan

Hi Leo
    Thanks for your reply. The site is https://www.junipertraining.co.uk/intranetnew
    It is our staff intranet so I will need to provide you with some login details but obviously I do not want to give them to you on the forum. Is there a way to reply to you privately.
    Kind regards
    Jan

Jan

Oh I forgot to say I am running W3 Total Cache across a Multisite.
    Thanks
    Jan

Jan

Hi Leo
    I think I may have found the cause of the problem. I started deactivating the plugins one by one to see if it made any difference. If I deactive a plug in called Discussion Board by Catapult Themes my secondary menu and page layout is correct again. There is obviously some conflict there so I have contacted the developer.
    Kind regards
    Jan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the issue. Let us know if there’s something we can do on our end.

Jan

Thanks Tom
    I just need to find a good plugin to run a forum!
    Kind regards
    Jan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This forum is using BBPress if you want to give it a shot 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.