[Resolved] Secondary menu in footer bar does not use correct typography settings

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Secondary menu in footer bar does not use correct typography settings

Home Forums Support Secondary menu in footer bar does not use correct typography settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NBC

Secondary menu in footer bar does not respect the typography settings from the Customizer.

It should be 13 px, 100 weight, uppercase.
    Instead, it’s 15 px and appears as it was typed (initial caps).

What am I missing here? As hot as it is, and with no AC right now, perhaps my brain is fried.

WP 5.4.2, GP 2.4.2, GPP 1.10.0

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Where are you setting the 13px, 100 weight etc..?

The menu in the footer doesn’t have any settings in the Customizer, as it’s just a core widget. It will inherit the font size and color of the footer itself.

However, you can use CSS:

.footer-bar .widget_nav_menu li a {
        font-size: 13px;
        font-weight: 300;
        text-transform: uppercase;
    }
    NBC

Aha. The menu in question is the Secondary Navigation, set to font weight 100, text transform uppercase, font size 13 px in the Customizer (typography section). I assumed those parameters would pass through to the footer bar with the menu content. (Not the color, of course, but the other settings.) Maybe assumptions should be the new paving material instead of intentions. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the assist, Tom! You folks redefine what “best” means when it comes to support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m glad I could help! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.