[Support request] Secondary Menu appearing on Home Page in mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Secondary Menu appearing on Home Page in mobile

Home Forums Support Secondary Menu appearing on Home Page in mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hey Tom,

I have various secondary menus on my individual pages that I use with Menu Swapper to create different secondary menus on different pages. I deactivated the Menu Swapper plugin and the issue I’m having continues, so I know its not that plugin.

The issue is with mobile viewing. Some pages on my site have a secondary menu and some don’t. The pages that do display the menu fine, however the pages that don’t have a secondary menu still show a menu button drop down at the top. You click and obviously nothing opens because there shouldn’t be a menu there. How do I get the secondary menu to not display in mobile view when there shouldn’t be a secondary menu on that page?

The site is dev.northwestfiretraining.com – view the home page on a mobile device to see what my issue is.

Thanks again for your continued support!

– Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dave,

If I understand correctly, you should be able to hide it on the pages that don’t require it with this CSS:

.secondary-navigation .menu-toggle {
        display: none;
    }

Let me know 🙂

Dave

I think that will work – just tried it on the home page and it works. I just took the page id and put it in front of the CSS you have above:

.page-id-331 .secondary-navigation .menu-toggle {
    display: none;
    }

Is that how you would do it and then just do that for each page that doesn’t need secondary nav?

– Dave

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup that should work.
    The other option is to add the code Tom provided above to the Simple CSS metabox at the bottom of each page then it would be page specific.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.