[Resolved] Secondary Menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Secondary Menu

Home Forums Support Secondary Menu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Umad

Hello Tom and Leo,
    I am creating Secondary Navigation bar with just one menu tab (Call us) PFA.
    The problem is that i dont want to show Menu and Toggle button at Mobile and Tablet view i want to show same as Desktop view.
    And also i want to add tool tip with number to that Call Us tab when someone hover.
    Can you please help me out ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Steve

Good morning. I was looking for this same solution… Using the solution that Leo linked above, I added the CSS (using the Simple CSS plugin) and the function code changes (using Code Snippets plugin). The secondary menu stays open in mobile and works on pages linked within the website; however, when a custom menu item with an external link opening into a new tab is used then the hamburger appears over the menu item after being clicked.

For example, I am trying to add the Facebook icon in the secondary menu as an external link, although the same issue occurs when just external linking to another website…

my custom menu item “Nav ID Label” is <i class=”fa fa-lg fa-facebook”></i> with the link being to Facebook… opening into a new tab.

I have tried the solution on two different websites and both times the hamburger appears over the custom link to an external linked website opening in a new tab.

Appreciate any suggestions for a solution. Thank you.

Umad

Hope leo or tom will help you.

Umad

Thanks tom thats works.
    Can you please let me know how to create tooltip at hover.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Steve – I’m not sure what you mean. Can you link me to the site?

Umad – Can you open a new topic for this question and provide a little more details?

Steve

Leo,

Test site: — removed URL after resolved —

The secondary menu stays open in mobile view… When a internal website page is the menu link, everything works fine… When the menu link is an custom external web link, then the mobile menu link text (or icon) hamburger icon turns into the mobile hamburger after clicked.

Appreciate your time and any assistance you can provide.

Cheers,
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Steve,

This issue will be fixed in the next GP theme update which should be released soon.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Steve

Leo,

Thanks for taking a look at the issue and planning a fix so quickly. I appreciate the great support.

Cheers,
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll post here again when the new version is released.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GPP 1.5 has just been released. Give it a shot and let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve

Leo,

I updated GeneratePress Pro to version 1.5.3 — GP theme version 1.4 (which appears to be the latest on the GP website)…. the problem still exists.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Cheers,
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm can you link us to the site again?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This issue won’t be fixed until GP 2.0 (the theme).

You can begin using it yourself by using this branch: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/tree/reorganize

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.