[Resolved] SearchWP Live Search

Home Forums Support [Resolved] SearchWP Live Search

Home Forums Support SearchWP Live Search

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael Largue

How can I connect the above plugin to the GP Navigation Search? This is the link to the above plugin’s documentation…

https://searchwp.com/extensions/live-search/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could try this function:

add_filter( 'generate_navigation_search_output', 'tu_nav_live_search' );
    function tu_nav_live_search() {
        printf(
            '<form method="get" class="search-form navigation-search" action="%1$s">
                <input type="search" class="search-field" value="%2$s" name="s" title="%3$s" data-swplive="true" />
            </form>',
            esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ),
            esc_attr( get_search_query() ),
            esc_attr_x( 'Search', 'label', 'generatepress' )
        );
    }
    Michael Largue

Hi Tom
    Unfortunately, it does not work. Instead of returning progressive actual items found (ajax), it behaves in the same manner as it originally di.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

According to their instructions, that should be all that’s needed. Any chance you can link me to your site?

Michael Largue

Hi Tom
    Correction, it does work. I forgot to activate it. Doh! Thank you very much.
    Regards
    Michael

Michael Largue

I forgot to mark it as resolved…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Karol

The function seems to work partially now. Each link from the result box needs to be double-clicked in order to open a page. See here

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Karol

Update: I’ve just found that the problem doesn’t occur when I use the search widget. The navigation search still needs a double-click. Could you please take a look at the CSS settings of the nav search and the result box? Maybe there’s a conflict between the two properties.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, it almost looks like a bug with the focus. Any chance you can report it to the plugin author? They might know why this could happen/what we can do to fix it. Maybe just removing focus once the results are shown would fix it.

Karol

Nevermind, Tom. I’m now using Dave’s WordPress Live Search and it’s almost perfect. I have one issue with CSS but I’m opening a new ticket to solve it.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.