[Resolved] Searching by Tags

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Searching by Tags

Home Forums Support Searching by Tags

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sourabh

Hi David,

Seems tags search are not working, I have not performed any elementor steps since last we spoke about it, But When I click on tags its does not work and redirect into main posts page –

https://venusentertainments.com/89-proven-ways-to-make-money-with-your-blog-in-2020/

Give a Try, and suggest a correction,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

looks like your Archives have been created in Elementor – these override all of the themes templates. You would need to ask Elementor support as to why your search archive is not working correctly.

Sourabh

Before writing you I have contacted them first, they said I have created an archive template but could not publish it hence it was making a problem so they published it, and searching started (as the same problem we were facing for the search box if you remember), So that said everything is fine their end and asked to contact developer now, so I dropped msg to you…

Team elementor said ” Elementor, as a page builder, doesn’t have control over the search’s actual content at this moment and our search system working on the by default basis created by wordpress”

Sharing credentials if you need further investigation…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If i click on any of your Tags in the right sidebar it takes me to an archive template. The URL is correct and the template displays the correct body tag. So the link is working correctly. Likewise if i use the Search Field it takes me to the search template.

So the default functionality that WP provides is working correctly ie. it is going to the correct template.

However you have replaced the themes templates with Elementor – of which we have no control over, and we cannot support as this nothing to do with GP.

Sourabh

Okay Fine, So it means whenever such a search issue coming it’s because of elementor so…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes . the way WP works is when you follow a link or create a search – it looks through the Template Hierarchy:

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/

Finds the correct template and uses that to output your content.

When you create Elementor Theme Templates those replace the GP theme templates. Which means everything being displayed by that template is the work of Elementor.

Sourabh

Okay, i am going to catch their head now, One last question David –

If we want to use the tags section just below each post end so how to do that, do need to modify your given CSS ??

and how to apply it at the end of each post by defaults (Before author box) in a row but in the same format (as its in the sidebar) (by making a hook etc)…

How can we do this, (for search concern I will mark a mail to elementor again).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you raise a new topic so this can be marked as resolved.

Sourabh

Okay Thanku David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.