[Resolved] Search results page is blank for some results

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search results page is blank for some results

Home Forums Support Search results page is blank for some results

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eastwood501

Hi,

I am thinking this might be a theme issue.

On the header search bar, If i type in certain terms the search results are showing up as blank.

For example on my site from the home page > header, if you search these terms you will get these results.

“food” shows results page
    “tents” shows a blank page
    “pluto” nothing found page

The issue i am facing is with the “tent” resulting in a blank page as my website has hundreds of terms and articles containing the word “tent”.
    This blank page issue for the search results is happening on a lot of keywords as well.

Can you please advise how i can fix this within generate press? I am using Generatepress pro and generateblocks pro.
    Ideally if there is no search results I would like it to show the ‘nothing found’ page. But to have just a blank page on actual results is confusing to me.
    To add. I am not using any other header or woocommerce or random plugin. I use 12-14 plugins at most

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that doesn’t look theme related, the empty pages being returned has literally nothing in the body.

I do see a Javascript warning and error in the Developers Console ( Right Click > Inspect the site ):

Warning: jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.0:2 jQuery.Deferred exception: UAGBForms is not defined ReferenceError: UAGBForms is not defined
    Error: Uncaught ReferenceError: UAGBForms is not defined

Script errors particularly form related ones can cause issues especially with other forms ( like the search ).

Error looks related to a jQuery and maybe the UAGB scripts being deferred.
    I would suggest disabling any script optimizations to see if you can remove the errors in the console – then retest the search.

eastwood501

Thanks David,
    ill check out the jquery pathway.
    Regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.