[Support request] Search page don’t display the excerpt and the more button in items type of page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Search page don’t display the excerpt and the more button in items type of page

Home Forums Support Search page don’t display the excerpt and the more button in items type of page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Javier

Hi.

I have a problem with the search results page. The items that correspond to a page are missing the except section and the more button. When the item is a post, they are fine, it shows the excerpt and the more button.

The section of Customize > Layout > Blog is well configured, I think.

If you search the term “trabajar” you will see in the third row what I mean.

I have autoptimize installed if this is relevant for the solution.

Best Regards,

Javier

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WordPress doesn’t store excerpt by default for pages and I’m not sure if there is a way around that.

Would it work if we only include posts in the search results?

Javier

Hi Leo.

Sadly this solution wouldn’t work.

I have searched a solution but the only solution that I have found is to activate the excerpt to pages and populate it manually.

Is there any workaround or plugin to do this? If not, could you tell me what I can do to only include post in the search results?

Best Regards,

Javier

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have searched a solution but the only solution that I have found is to activate the excerpt to pages and populate it manually.

I believe that’s the only way but you shouldn’t need a plugin to do it. Check out the function in this article:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/add-excerpts-to-your-pages-in-wordpress/

It can be added using one of these methods:
    Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.