[Resolved] Search in header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search in header

Home Forums Support Search in header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello, I was wondering if it was at all possible to have a search in the header similar to the one that we currently have.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

I think a plugin will be needed to achieve this. πŸ™‚

Andrew

That’s what I was thinking to, I have seen your search bar before in the header, is it possible to place one there I don’t need it to have the dropdown, you guys sent me the code before to do it on the site in the private comment, something like that would be great!

Andrew

and maybe if it could just say search vs the icon??

Andrew

maybe like the prime one in the site library, and replace the placeholder text

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

You can get a Search plugin and hook it on the Header part of the site. Use the same hook you’ve used for the Quote button but set a higher priority value to it so it goes after the Quote button.

Once added, the alignment can be done with CSS. We can help you with the write-up if you need help with it.

Note: As for the specific plugin, we’re not exactly sure what fits your preference but you can try hooking in search bars from plugins like Smart WooCommerce Search, YITH WOOCOMMERCE AJAX SEARCH, Advanced Woo Search – WordPress plugin, or the official WooCommerce Product Search.

Andrew

I have figured it out, thank you for pointing me in the right direction I decided to use default one, another button in its place in the header and use JS to toggle it

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted. πŸ˜€

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.