[Support request] search icon on navigation

Home Forums Support [Support request] search icon on navigation

Home Forums Support search icon on navigation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Heather

Hi

I have the navigation search disabled under

Customising ▸ Layout – Primary Navigation

But for some reason it is still displaying on the navigation bar…

wondering am I missing something or somewhere I am supposed to turn it off…

Thanks
    Heather

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i don’t see the icon, can you try clearing the browser caches ?

Heather

Hi, I wonder did you not see it because I just figured out it was FiboSearch causing it and had it turned off for a few secs…

If I tick the option – Search Bars – replace them in FiboSearch it appears in the navigation, I’m assuming I’m supposed to have that option ticked in FiboSearch for it to work?

Heather

This might seem daft as well, I’ve just changed the way I had the header setup…how do I make the header widget use the full space so there isn’t a blank bit in the middle between the logo and the header widget? Or am I better of setting up a 3 column layout for the header?
    I had it setup previously by turning the logo off and then setting up 3 widget columns…trying to figure out the best way to do it…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use this CSS to force the Header Widget to fill the available space:

.header-widget {
        margin-left: 40px;
        flex: 1;
    }

Did you resolve the other issue ? Sorry i am not sure if you want the nav search as well as the header widget search. Let me know

Heather

O perfect thank you, that looks better now.

No I don’t want the nav search there as its in the header, can’t figure out how to get rid…unless I do display: none on it maybe

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Heather,

Can you hover over Elements in the admin bar, and check if there’s an Element hooked to menu_bar_items with a Search Shortcode or Block?

Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/qGuZwqde

If there is, try setting the Element to draft.

If there isn’t, can you provide admin login credentials, and I’ll take a look?

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Heather

Hi
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I was away for a few days.

I can’t see anything like that under elements. I’ll include login details…thanks

Heather

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you go to Woocommerce > Fibosearch and the Starting tab, uncheck: Search bars > Replace them

Heather

That’s great thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.