[Resolved] Search Icon Changes Position In Sticky Menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search Icon Changes Position In Sticky Menu

Home Forums Support Search Icon Changes Position In Sticky Menu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael Largue

I have both the Search and Cart Icons active in the header. By default, the Search icon appears to the left of the Cart icon. However, when I scroll down and the sticky header kicks in, the Search Icon changes to the RIGHT of the cart icon.

What I have also noticed, is that with the default header Search position, when entering search text, that the text flows over the X close icon.

My preference would, therefore, be that the Search icon is always positioned on the extreme right. Is the above a bug? How can I accomplish this outcome?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sounds like a bug. Can you link us to your site?

Thanks!

Michael Largue

Hi Tom

I have updated an online site to the same as my local site and have a different outcome. I need to send you some screenshots of the Customizer. How can I do this? Something has definitely been corrupted. This is not going to be easy. For example, on my local site under the Layout > Header section, there is a Use Navigation as Header checkbox between the Header Padding and Mobile Header settings. This does not show on the online site. There are a couple of other differences as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That option will only show if the Navigation Logo is not in use. Check out the Navigation as Header info here: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-8/

In order to know why the icons are mixed up, I’ll need to inspect the code of the problem site.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael Largue

Hi Tom

OK, I have managed to replicate the problem. I previously provided you with login details to my site (Support Topic #873867), which for obvious reasons I do not wish to advertise here. It should still work.

This example also included the use of off-canvas. Ideally, the order should always be mini-cart, search (without the overlap of X Close) and then hamburger menu. This is because I am using the off-canvas as a mobile menu and a FacetWP filter selection medium. I have another issue in this regard, which we can discuss later.

Regards
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can remind me of the URL/any necessary login info? You can email us here: https://generatepress.com/contact

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Michael Largue

I sent the requested details as requested. I merely wanted to confirm that you received them.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like a bug.

Can you try adding this CSS?:

.nav-float-right nav li.wc-menu-item,
    .nav-float-right .sf-menu > li.slideout-toggle {
        float: left;
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael Largue

Thanks Tom

The above does keep it consistent between Header and Sticky-header in desktop mode. It also addresses the Search text overflow issue with Search always being the last icon.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists in mobile mode. I am presuming that it is also an easy CSS fix πŸ™‚

Regards
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Give this a shot:

.mobile-bar-items:not(.wc-mobile-cart-items) {
        order: 4;
    }

.main-navigation.has-branding .menu-toggle, 
    .main-navigation.has-sticky-branding.navigation-stick .menu-toggle {
        order: 1;
    }
    Michael Largue

Thanks Tom

As always, you are absolutely fantastic.

Regards
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help – thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies, I’ll get them fixed πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.