[Support request] Search Icon and Back to Top Icon not showing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Search Icon and Back to Top Icon not showing

Home Forums Support Search Icon and Back to Top Icon not showing

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amit

I’ve just purchased Generatepress a day ago and excited to make an awesome looking site. One thing right now bugging me are the icons. First of all in the navigation menu, the down arrow icons were not showing and for that I added the following code in my child theme style.css
    .dropdown-menu-toggle:before {
    content: “\25be”;
    }

and that solved the drop down icons. Now when I set the search bar to display within Menu, the magnifying glass icon is not coming and something weird is showing up. Also the ‘Back to Top’ button is showing as box. What should I do about it. Since I am new to GP, please do guide in some detail as where to do it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you provide a link to your site?

Sounds like it could be this issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26125030/font-awesome-icons-not-showing-in-chrome-a-maxcdn-related-cross-origin-resource

Let me know.

Amit

It’s travelgeeky.com. It is not chrome issue as only my site is facing this problem and not others.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s the issue Leo mentioned: https://www.screencast.com/t/xWSIs0kv8h

Adding that code to your .htaccess file will fix it.

Amit

I’ve already added that code to .htaccess, but that is not working. Also, I am not using any CDN.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that code should work.

The origin of the issue comes from your URL in “Settings > General” not having “www” in it, yet the URL we’re redirected to when we visit the site does have “www”.

If you add www to your URL in settings, or redirect to the non-www URL when we visit the site, it will go away.

Amit

FTP folder for travelgeeky
    General Settings Screenshot

I’ve attached screenshots for General Settings as the site address column is greyed. Also I’ve attached the image of FTP folder of travelgeeky.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your second screenshot shows the URL with www.

When I go to your website, there is no www.

That’s where the issue is coming from.

You’ll either need to remove the www from your settings, or ask your hosting to set up a redirect so www is always used when you visit your site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.